Wednesday, June 29, 2005

A surgeon and a doc, above it all!

Oh, man. John posts about Scrubs, the first season of which is now on DVD. I will buy this. Make no mistake. I don't just think that Scrubs is the best comedy on TV, I think it may be the best anything on TV right now. John correctly notes the show's great strength: that it conceals an emotional message in zany comedy so well that you don't see it coming, but then when it arrives, it's satisfying nonetheless.

And even if the show was just pure zaniness without the wonderful emotional closure in each episode, I'd want it on DVD just so I could commit to memory all of Dr. Cox's wonderful zingers, like, "Bob, when you were born -- nay, spawned by the Prince of Darkness, did that rat bastard send you out into the world without a hug?"

And then there is, of course, the Janitor. Best un-named character ever.

No comments: