Sunday, June 19, 2005

Randomizing the Music

It's been a while since I did one of these "Shuffle all of the Tunes on your hard drive and list the top ten" things, so here are today's first ten tracks when I shuffle all of my music tracks. Just to take up space, you know.

1. "Kidfried" from The Matrix: Revolutions by Don Davis. (I need to listen to this score more. I never saw the movie and I confess that after I fell asleep in the first thirty minutes of Reloaded, it's not a high priority of mine, but the music's really quite good.)

2. "Kaerazaru Hibi" from Porco Rosso by Joe Hisaishi. (Joe Hisaishi might be film music's best-kept secret. The guy's golden.)

3. "Sword Dance" from Brigadoon by Lerner-and-Loewe. (God, I love Lerner and Loewe. This track is from the recording I reviewed for GMR here.)

4. "Platform Nine-and-Three-Quarters and The Journey to Hogwarts" from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by John Williams. (Not my favorite Williams score, because the pastiche elements really don't blend very well.)

5. "Twilight Zone/Twilight Tone" by the Manhattan Transfer. (In truth, I don't know why I keep this around. I owned a two-disc compilation of theirs for ten years and probably listened to it twice before I sold it on eBay, but I ripped it to the hard drive before I shipped it out...and promptly have never listened to it again.)

6. "Hoshi No Flamenco" from Omoide Poroporo. (I don't know anything about this one. It's from a package of anime music Darth Swank once sent me.)

7. "The X-Files Theme" by Mark Snow. (Strange that this one should pop up the day after I posted this, eh? Trust no one!)

8. "The Immolation Scene" from Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, by John Williams. (Great damn score.)

9. "Deal with the Dark Lord" from Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, by John Williams. (Great damn score.)

10. "Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense" from Millennium by Mark Snow. (I really miss Mark Snow's moody soundscapes.)

Maybe I'll do this again next week. Or maybe not. Who knows?

No comments: