Wednesday, June 22, 2005

A notice (with a bit of whining)

There is a possibility -- a strong possibility, actually -- that Byzantium's Shores will go fallow for a one-week period in the middle of July, roughly starting the 16th and ending the 23rd. The occasion will be that I am accompanying the Family on a cross-country jaunt to observe the Sister-In-Law's entry into one of them "marriage" things. Connectivity will be reliant on what's available at the In-Laws' home, as I do not currently own a laptop. (Nor will I for anything remotely resembling the foreseeable future, unless we can somehow make the case that a laptop is medically necessary for Little Quinn. And even I am having trouble cooking up a rationale for that one.)

I may try to get an update or two posted while I'm out there, but I don't know how realistic that will be. Time will tell.

Oh, and the whine alluded to in the title of this post? Well, the weekend we will be on the opposite side of the country just happens to be the same weekend that this musical event occurs in the Buffalo region. There are times when the Universe gives us that little twist of the knife, just to let us know that the Universe is still there. Yeah, Universe, I see you. You're still not funny.

No comments: