Saturday, June 04, 2005

HUZZAH!!!

In what is sure to be an indictment of the life I lead, I've spent much of the last couple of hours continually refreshing my SiteMeter, because a certain milestone was looming. And as of approximately 9:10 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time tonight -- about five minutes ago, as I'm writing this -- the long-awaited milestone was reached. Behold!


It took about three-and-one-third years for Byzantium's Shores to reach 100,000 hits. Obviously, this wouldn't have been possible without the readers, so I thank all of you for stopping by over the time I've been dispensing invaluable insight/spreading unending blather in this space. It's been a lot of fun, and hopefully the fun will continue. One day I will be Chancellor....

In more mundane traffic news, May 2005 obliterated my previous best month (either January or April; I can't quite tell from the graphic) by nearly 2000 hits. This was almost entirely driven by Star Wars posting here, either by way of direct links to my posts, indirect traffic-lanches by way of big-name bloggers linking Lance Mannion in a post which in turn linked here, or Google searches. I owe it all to George Lucas!

And the 100,000th hit? It was, appropriately enough, a Google search for "Jedi meditations". Well, that person sure came to the right place, and I hope they stuck around a while.

No comments: