Sunday, June 05, 2005

Sentential Links, #4

Time for the weekly roundup of neat sentences from neater posts around Blogistan. Click for the context, folks!

:: You know what's really awkward? (This one's not safe for work, really.)

:: Tonight, I would like to be able to send bone cancer down phone lines.

:: Your blog is like a sausage patty: no links.

:: I went looking for Emerson everywhere and made sure I caught him, brought him home, and pinned him like a butterfly on every other page of my notebooks.

:: My grandma and grandpa are buried at Park Cemetery in Fairmount just outside of Marion, less than 30 yards from where James Dean's headstone rests.

:: "If you test a child on basic math and reading skills, and you're teaching to the test, you're teaching math and reading." (Actually, this is an interesting blog post that's quoting someone else in that sentence. There's an interesting discussion in the comments there, too. I personally am still of mixed mind on "No Child Left Behind".)

:: In the space opera Sherwood Smith and I authored back at the end of the last millenium, one character threatens another with "a guided tour of your own intestines." (This one is high on the "Ewwwwwww!" scale.)

:: We remember you, patient gardener.

That's all for this week. I spent a surprisingly small amount of time wandering Blogistan this week, for no real reason except that I had some overdue reviews to catch up on and stuff to read that's printed on paper and whatnot.

No comments: