7 Things I plan to do before I die:
1. Stand within Stonehenge at dawn
2. Stand atop Glastonbury Tor at dawn
3. Have dim sum in Hong Kong
4. Watch Little Quinn crawl
5. Listen to Wagner's Der Ring des Nibelungen in one sitting (somehow, I think this may be the most unrealistic item on this list)
6. Publish a piece of fiction -- anything at all.
7. Walk The Daughter down the aisle.
7 Things I can do:
1. I can make a pastitsio that will make you cry.
2. I can read a full orchestral score.
3. I can fasten a sign to a brick wall. (I didn't know how to do this before I started working at The Store.)
4. I can write.
5. I can declaim for hours on just about any topic within Star Wars you can name.
6. I can shut my own hair in the car door. (This f***ing hurts!)
7. I can talk myself into liking the current Buffalo Bills quarterback for months after everyone else here has given up on whoever that happens to be. (I didn't give up on Rob Johnson until he was actually on IR.)
7 Things I cannot do:
1. I can't stand the sight of a woman crying, for just about any reason.
2. I can't say no to a chocolate chip cookie.
3. Or a free piece of pizza.
4. I cannot grant that the New England Stupid Patriots are the greatest dynasty of all time. (Because they're not, dammit!)
5. I can't forgive the Atlanta Braves for the 1992 National League Championship Series. (Francisco F***ing Cabrera?!)
6. I can't do much of use under the hood of the car, save changing the air filter, checking the oil, and filling the windshield washer. (I suspect that given the opportunity to learn, I'd do OK at such things. But as it is, I have no knowledge whatsoever of the workings of an automobile.)
7. I can't shoot a basketball to save my life. (Some years ago I learned from an eye doctor that my ability to judge distances accurately is, well, minimal, which is why my attempts at sports involving throwing are always disastrous.)
7 Things that attract me to the opposite sex:
1. Long hair.
2. Red hair.
3. A beautiful smile.
4. Cute glasses.
6. The presence of overalls in her wardrobe.
7. A lovely, and often-used, laugh.
7 Things I say most often:
1. "Oh, for the LOVE of GOD--!"
2. "You want me do what with the who, now?" (Managers love hearing this.)
3. "Bite me."
4. "GAHHH! Put that down!"
5. "Well, there's a reason why Mommy and I tell you not to do stuff like that."
6. "I'd like a large coffee, please. Stat."
7. "Oooooh, look! He pooped! Aren't I the lucky ducky!"
7 Celebrity crushes:
Well, you could just pick seven women at random from the MOB! roster. The big one right now, though, is Sela Ward, due to my viewing of Once and Again on DVD.
The newer queries are:
7 Things that attract me to Blogging:
1. I don't have to stay "on topic".
2. No heavy-handed moderation.
3. More sense of "personality" on the blogs than in other fora. (This is why I don't use an aggregator to read blogs, btw: reading posts stripped of their surrounding webby stuff, even if it's a generic Blogger template that's been jazzed up with a picture or two, basically reads like any old bulletin board that's out there.)
4. Nobody else has to stay "on topic" either.
5. It's a great way to learn things. Seriously. There are lots of books and musical works with which I'd be unfamiliar without blogs.
6. Yeah, there's a bit of narcissism. But so what? I have a small but diverse group of people who give a crap about what I think. That's golden.
7. It gives me yet another thing that I can tell people I like to do that makes their eyes glaze over as they try to figure out what on Earth I'm talking about.
7 Books that I love:
1. Lord of the Rings
2. The Fionavar Tapestry
3. The Lions of Al-Rassan
4. A Soldier of the Great War
6. On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
7. Emeril's Pot Luck Dinners
7 Movies that I can watch again and again:
1. Star Wars (any of 'em)
2. The Shawshank Redemption
4. Jerry Mcguire
5. Say Anything
6. The Sea Hawk
7. My Fair Lady
I'm not tagging anyone, because I've seen it everywhere already. But if you're new and you want to do this, have at it!