Jennifer hit me with this one, so here goes:
7 Things I plan to do before I die:
1. Stand within Stonehenge at dawn
2. Stand atop Glastonbury Tor at dawn
3. Have dim sum in Hong Kong
4. Watch Little Quinn crawl
5. Listen to Wagner's Der Ring des Nibelungen in one sitting (somehow, I think this may be the most unrealistic item on this list)
6. Publish a piece of fiction -- anything at all.
7. Walk The Daughter down the aisle.
7 Things I can do:
1. I can make a pastitsio that will make you cry.
2. I can read a full orchestral score.
3. I can fasten a sign to a brick wall. (I didn't know how to do this before I started working at The Store.)
4. I can write.
5. I can declaim for hours on just about any topic within Star Wars you can name.
6. I can shut my own hair in the car door. (This f***ing hurts!)
7. I can talk myself into liking the current Buffalo Bills quarterback for months after everyone else here has given up on whoever that happens to be. (I didn't give up on Rob Johnson until he was actually on IR.)
7 Things I cannot do:
1. I can't stand the sight of a woman crying, for just about any reason.
2. I can't say no to a chocolate chip cookie.
3. Or a free piece of pizza.
4. I cannot grant that the New England Stupid Patriots are the greatest dynasty of all time. (Because they're not, dammit!)
5. I can't forgive the Atlanta Braves for the 1992 National League Championship Series. (Francisco F***ing Cabrera?!)
6. I can't do much of use under the hood of the car, save changing the air filter, checking the oil, and filling the windshield washer. (I suspect that given the opportunity to learn, I'd do OK at such things. But as it is, I have no knowledge whatsoever of the workings of an automobile.)
7. I can't shoot a basketball to save my life. (Some years ago I learned from an eye doctor that my ability to judge distances accurately is, well, minimal, which is why my attempts at sports involving throwing are always disastrous.)
7 Things that attract me to the opposite sex:
1. Long hair.
2. Red hair.
3. A beautiful smile.
4. Cute glasses.
6. The presence of overalls in her wardrobe.
7. A lovely, and often-used, laugh.
7 Things I say most often:
1. "Oh, for the LOVE of GOD--!"
2. "You want me do what with the who, now?" (Managers love hearing this.)
3. "Bite me."
4. "GAHHH! Put that down!"
5. "Well, there's a reason why Mommy and I tell you not to do stuff like that."
6. "I'd like a large coffee, please. Stat."
7. "Oooooh, look! He pooped! Aren't I the lucky ducky!"
7 Celebrity crushes:
Well, you could just pick seven women at random from the MOB! roster. The big one right now, though, is Sela Ward, due to my viewing of Once and Again on DVD.
7 People I Want To Do This:
I gotta pick seven? Yeesh. OK, here are a few: Aaron, Aaron's Sister, LC Scotty (who has his own new blog and is thus tagged for the first time, heh!), Lynn (who will probably resist this rather jejune quiz), and, well, whoever else wants to take a whack at it. Lazy, I know, but them's the breaks.