Not to be confused with the "Five Questions" thing:
1. IF YOU COULD BUILD A SECOND HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE?
I'd like to have a first house before I get a second one. The first one would be somewhere in Buffalo's Southtowns.
2. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLES OF CLOTHING?
Overalls, henley shirts, long-sleeve t-shirts. I also like nicer sweatshirts. Comfort is the main concern of mine, with respect to clothing.
3. THE LAST CDs YOU BOUGHT?
The Aviator score album (Howard Shore's music), a live album by Dougie MacLean, "Bedlam Boys" by Buffalo Celtic band Kilbrannan.
4. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING?
Too damn early. Do I need to put a number on it? (OK, 6:15 on workdays, 7:00 on weekends.)
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE?
Defining "appliance" as "stuff I plug in", it's a toss-up between the coffee maker (now ten years old and still going strong), the waffle-maker (a gift from my mother-in-law; old waffle-makers are so much better than new ones), and the crockpot. A crockpot itself isn't cool, but the food it makes sure is.
6. IF YOU COULD PLAY AN INSTRUMENT, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
I think I can still lay claim to playing the trumpet. If I had to pick a new instrument, I'd pick the Uillean Pipes.
7. FAVORITE COLOR?
8. WHICH VEHICLE DO YOU PREFER, SPORTS CAR, MOTORCYCLE, OR SUV?
None of these. I want a nice hybrid car for my next vehicle. (Of course, by the time I can afford a new car, we'll finally have those flying cars they promised that we'd have by the year 2000.)
9. DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE AFTERLIFE?
No. But I don't disbelieve it, either. I'll find out when I die.
10. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK?
Lloyd Alexander's Chronicles of Prydain series. Or Curious George. I also really enjoy reading the Eloise books to the daughter.
11. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON?
12. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT?
I have no tattoos. I also have no piercings. But I do have long, luxurious hair.
13. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPERPOWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Flight. Or spider powers. Or razor-sharp adamantium claws.
14. CAN YOU JUGGLE?
Balls? No. Tasks? Yes.
15. ONE PERSON/PEOPLE FROM YOUR PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK AND TALK TO?
Either of my grandmothers.
16. WHAT IS UNDER YOUR BED?
Boxes of stuff.
17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE DAY?
Sundays. I like Saturday nights, too.
18. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SUSHI OR HAMBURGER?
Hamburger. But I like sushi.
19. FROM THE PEOPLE WHO NORMALLY READ YOUR BLOG, WHO IS THE MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST?
No idea in the slightest.
20. ON WHICH BLOG DID YOU FIND THIS MEME?
21. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FLOWER?
Roses and African violets.
23. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MEAL?
Pizza. Or a good Buffalo fish fry. Or Chinese take-out. Or authentic dim-sum at a restaurant in Toronto's Chinatown. Or a big-ass burger with fries. Or a good salad with lots of veggies that I like and four kinds of cheeses. Or a big pot of chili. Or pastitsio. Or lasagna. Or a Sahlen's hot dog grilled and topped with onions and yellow mustard. Or a thick Italian sausage on a bun, grilled and topped with grilled onions and green peppers and brown mustard. Or....dammit, I'm hungry now.
24. DESCRIBE YOUR PJS.
I don't sleep in pj's. I shall divulge nothing more of my sleeping habits than that.
25. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BREAKFAST?
Waffles and sausage. Or a bowl of cereal -- I like Raisin Bran and Frosted Shredded Wheat. Golden Grahams are a guilty pleasure, but they're freakishly expensive. I also try to eat a piece of fresh fruit with every breakfast -- an apple or a banana, usually.
26. DO YOU LIKE YOUR JOB?
Immensely. That I'd find so much satisfaction in being the clean-up guy at a grocery store strikes me as one of life's unpredictable amusements.
27. WHAT IS YOUR DREAM JOB?
I answered this the other day -- writing.
28. WHAT AGE DO YOU PLAN TO RETIRE?
From writing? Never.
29. WHERE DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER?
My college concert band -- she played the oboe.
30. SOMETHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO THAT YOU HAVE NEVER DONE BEFORE.
Publish a piece of fiction in a way that gets paid. I'd also like to travel. And though I've done it before, I'd like to vote for a winning Presidential candidate.