Sunday, February 14, 2010

Things that explode!!!

I've belatedly decided that the visual theme for Byzantium's Shores this year will be things exploding. This will manifest itself in my periodically replacing the masthead image with a new screengrab from some movie or other in which something explodes. Sometimes it'll be an exploding spaceship, or maybe an exploding planet, or maybe something here on Earth getting blowed up real good. We'll see how it goes.

(Ten quatloos, by the way, to the first reader who can identify the explosion in the new masthead!)

3 comments:

Jason said...

The Mother Ship in Independence Day?

Kelly Sedinger said...

Jason for the win! I love that movie. It makes marginally less sense than Star Trek 2009, but it's lots of fun.

Jason said...

I agree, although I am often somewhat distracted by the fact that it follows the 1953 War of the Worlds almost beat for beat. Funny how no one ever comments on that.

Now, what I can get around here for 10 quatloos? :)