Monday, February 15, 2010

Sentential Links #196

Linkage:

:: The Law is a blunt instrument. It's not a scalpel. It's a club. If there is something you consider indefensible, and there is something you consider defensible, and the same laws can take them both out, you are going to find yourself defending the indefensible. (An essential post.)

:: The truth may sound rude, but in general, Tea Party activists have no idea what they're talking about. Their sincerity notwithstanding, this is a confused group of misled people.

:: It really is quite amazing what you can do with a group of people who are completely uninterested in the truth, unwilling to believe anything that comes from someone other than Rush or Glenn Beck or an “acceptable” source of information, and who have a vested interest in believing what they want to believe, reality be damned. It is why they can freak out about the stimulus bill as 800 BILLION IN PORK when damned near half of it was tax cuts and another 250 billion of it was simply money to prop up holes in state and local budgets. (I swear to God I've never encountered more rank ignorance than I've seen in the Teabaggers and their brethren -- the ones who never once uttered a single word in opposition to enormously massive deficits as long as a white Republican was in the White House. I recently got into an inadvertent discussion with an individual over the Health Care bill, and he said that he opposes it because it'll run our health care "the same way that Canada does". I just said "No it won't" and changed the subject to football.)

:: Yes, it does. Yes, you could. Maybe you should. But you won’t, and that’s probably the most important answer of the four.

:: It is a bedrock belief of all anti-tax types that they themselves are the only people in the United States paying taxes.

:: "I pity the ninja that tussles with Mr. T! Buy my cereal, kids! And don't do drugs!"

:: Originally a superheroine intended as a marketing gimmick in 1980 with Casablanca Records (much like the band Kiss had been a cross-media sensation), Dazzler is an oddity to say the least. Blue face paint that would look more at home on a Kiss groupie than a superhero, a skin tight bell-bottomed one-piece outfit and rhinestoned roller skates… Dazzler makes an impression right off the bat.

:: There are a lot of things that piss me off about Google Buzz. (I'm not pissed off about Google Buzz; I just don't understand why I'd want to use it when I'm already on Facebook and Twitter.)

Hmmmm...more politics than usual. Oh well, that's how I roll.

No comments: