Monday, July 02, 2007

Things I don't want to hear again

I could do without hearing the following statements, ever again:

:: "It's all part of God's plan." (Gee, when I was in management, I was always told that planning had to flexible. Joe Schmoe the manager at Pizza Hut has to be flexible, but God must execute every single detail in his plan, with no deviation? That make sense?! And why are we just cogs in some omnipotent being's plan, anyway?)

:: "That which does not kill us, makes us stronger." (Well, that horseback-riding accident didn't kill Christopher Reeve, but I don't think it exactly made him stronger.)

:: "God helps those who help themselves." (Generally, I don't like homilies about God wherein God is made to be a bit of a jerk.)

:: "God never gives us more than we can handle." (Well, actually, he does. In fact, we have a word in our language for "that moment when God gives us more than we can handle". That word is death.)

:: "We don't negotiate contracts during the season." (Way to go, Sabres!)

OK, I'm done.

No comments: