Sunday, July 08, 2007

Harsh Mistress

Robert A. Heinlein yesterday proved that he is still Science Fiction's Biggest Jerk of All Time by electing to stay dead, rather than participate in the celebrations of his one hundredth birthday. Way to go, RAH. Jerk.

Anyhoo, SF Signal has a slew of RAH links. I've got to read more Heinlein one of these years. I've read a bunch of his short fiction, but none of his novels. (I started The Moon is a Harsh Mistress a few years back and bounced off it.)

Happy Birthday, RAH.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Moon is a Harsh Mistress seems to be really different from the rest of Heinlein's novels. (I say "seems to be" because I've only tried to read a few others) I liked it a lot but haven't liked any of the others very well. I've thought of trying a few more to see if I can find another gem but there are so many great books it seems a waste of time to work at trying to like one author who obviously just isn't my cup o' tea.

Anonymous said...

I love Harsh Mistress -- it was my first truly subversive novel when I was younger. In reality, it's a blueprint on how to create a cell structure for revolutions. Or for terrorists.

Starship Troopers is much better in book form, and his YA stuff is awesome.