Monday, July 23, 2007

Inspiring? Moi???



Judith Heartsong has bestowed upon me the Inspirational Blogger Award, which is rather like the Thinking Blogger Award, only it rewards, you know, inspiration. I'm tremendously flattered, inasmuch as I find it amazing anyone would be inspired by my blatherings in this space, but hey, I've always found it prudent to undervalue my own contributions to as great a degree as possible. And really, I'm glad that it wasn't called the Perspirational Blogger Award. (Which, in normal summertime temps, I could win in a walk, to be honest. Hence the fact that I generally never wear the overalls between May and September.)

So where was I? Well, as part of the Inspirational Blogger gig, I now have to name five recipients myself. The following inspire me (as do many others):

:: Belladonna's Mind Muffins, whose spirit of life-as-adventure (or slapstick!) makes her blog a daily read of mine.

:: Mrs. Mental Multivitamin, whose simple three-word philosophy might have been admired by Moses (it would, after all, have fit onto a single -- and smaller -- stone tablet).

:: Erin, who likes words.

:: I very much doubt she'll accept this tag, but I find Dorcasina's blogging terribly inspiring, in the face of circumstances that I wish weren't so.

:: He'd probably think it weird, but PZ Myers's fiery commitment to science inspires me.

So there we go. Inspiring, no?

3 comments:

Judith HeartSong said...

:):):) Congratulations to all, and this is where the awards originated:

http://writersreviews.com/

:)

Judith

Erin said...

Aw, really? Thanks!!

Mental multivitamin said...

Many thanks!