Monday, July 16, 2007

Sigh....

I've started experimenting lately with the writing of poetry. I'm not willing -- yet -- to post any of those efforts here, for two reasons: first, I'm not sure what I'm doing, and thus am not at all sure that I'm not producing total crap; and second, the subjects I am committing poetry about are more personal than I usually get in this space. I'm just noting a bit of conflict in my head about my desire to commit poetry. Part of me is thinking, "Cool, another way to write!", while another part is thinking, "Isn't there another way to deal with this stuff? Something involving a bottle made of brown glass, or perhaps a frontal lobotomy?"

On a parallel note, thank God for Youtube. I figured that by now, someone would have uploaded the greatest single scene in the entire run of The West Wing, and sure enough, someone finally did.


Wow, I miss Toby Ziegler.

No comments: