Sunday, October 17, 2004

OK, here's something those weirdo LiveJournalers are doing, and I figure, since it's halftime of the Bills game, I can toss this one off in a few minutes. (Some language adapted from the LJ version, since we in Blogistan don't have "Friends lists". We have blogrolls. That's because we're generally cooler people. Score!)

Name a CD you own that no one else on your friends list does.

Probably quite a few, given that I have a large CD collection and my tastes are mainly in classical, film and Celtic music, genres that aren't exactly the "heavy hitters" of music these days (sadly enough). I'll just settle on Live at O'Lacy's, a disc of Celtic and Irish tunes by Western New York's own Kilbrannan. This is one of the most entertaining CDs I've ever heard.

Name a book you own that no one else on your friends list does.

At first glance this seems easy, but I have some pretty literate people on my blogroll, and it wouldn't surprise me if any title I named turned up on the shelves of people I link -- Jason Streed or Will Duquette, for example. But for my purposes, I'll assume that nobody owns a copy of Richard Halliburton's Complete Book of Marvels.

Name a movie on DVD/VHS/whatever that on one else on your friends list does.

Anybody got a copy of Flash Gordon (the 1980 version with music by Queen)? No? Ha!

Name a place that you have visited that no one else on your friends list has.

Tough one, this. I'll try Cannon Beach in Oregon. (Chime in, folks, if anyone's been there. I'll revise accordingly.)

Name a Piece of clothing that no one else on your friends list has.

Well, philosophically speaking, isn't every article of clothing I own an article of clothing no one on my blogroll has? If not, you people need to get out of my closet!

Anyway, since they seem to be my photographic theme here, I'll go with my overalls. Again, correct me if I'm wrong.

Name an occupation that you've had that no one else on your friends list has had.

I don't know if anyone I currently link has ever been a helper on a beer deliver truck, so I'll go with that. I did that for four days. It sucked.

No comments: