Friday, October 08, 2004

Election Predictions

Apparently Matthew Gross wants bloggers to predict the election results; while the prize for winning isn't even something cool like a set of steak knives with the Bills emblem on the handle, I figure, heck, why not. Since I'm a pretty pessimistic fellow about these things, I'm going to say that it will be a fairly close election, but -- unfortunately -- we'll get another term of George W. Bush. I figure a popular vote of 51% to 49% for Kerry, with the Electoral College going something like 289-249. (No, I have not bothered to go through and see if any realistic combination of states can produce that particular electoral result.)

No, it's not the result I want, but like any good pessimist, I figure that this way, when the worst happens, I'm prepared for it.

(via Scott Spiegelberg)

No comments: