Sunday, October 10, 2004

Moses supposes....

I probably shouldn't make light of this fascinating post on Moses over on The Gray Monk by referring to a song from Singin' In The Rain in the title of this post, but I couldn't think of anything else. Anyway, read the post. It's really interesting. A taste:

[T]here are any number of fascinating people in the pages of this wonderful book - so why start with Moses?

Well, there are several reasons, but I shall settle for just one. This rather enigmatic figure is regarded by the Jews as the greatest of the Prophets. Prophet, you may ask? Yes, is the simple answer, prophet, soldier, hermit, murderer, husband, and leader of the Exodus. See what I mean? Read through the books Exodus, Numbers, Leviticus, and Deuteronomy and you will see what I mean. There are almost as many facets to this man as there are on a cut and polished diamond!


Good stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pls i need the powerful book of moses