For some reason, I seem to steal "posting memes" from Lynn Sislo more than anyone else, such as this one. She comes up with pretty neat ones, though, so here goes. She doesn't provide an explanation, so I'll assume it's "Five Favorites".
1. Berlioz, Romeo et Juliet
2. Howard Shore, Lord of the Rings film scores (I consider all three to be one major work)
3. Pink Floyd, The Wall
4. Wagner, Der Ring des Nibelungen
5. Williams, Star Wars film scores (see note to Shore)
1. The Lions of Al-Rassan, Guy Gavriel Kay
2. The Lord of the Rings, J.R.R. Tolkien
3. The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay, Michael Chabon
4. Cosmos, Carl Sagan
5. The Book of Marvels (both volumes), Richard Halliburton
1. Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
3. Schindler's List
4. My Fair Lady
5. The Sea Hawk
(Note: I restricted myself to a single Star Wars film. I could as well have just listed all five movies to date and called it good.)
1. Buffalo, NY (anywhere, really, but especially the Southtowns. I want a house in East Aurora.)
2. The Twin Cities.
3. Presque Isle State Park, Erie, PA.
4. Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
5. Allegany State Park, NY.
1. Pizza with sausage and banana peppers.
2. Philly cheesesteak sandwiches, with provolone and mushrooms. (I don't care if the lack of Cheez-Whiz renders it an "unofficial" Philly cheesesteak. Keep that orange crap off my sandwich!)
3. Haagen-Dasz: Coffee flavor. (The stories I could tell about this stuff!)
4. Buffalo-style chicken wings. (I only indulge in these once in a long while anymore, since they're so spectacularly unhealthy. But God, are they wonderful, if really done Buffalo-style.)
5. Grilled Italian sausage on a long, hard roll and topped with grilled onions, green and red peppers, and brown mustard.