Monday, March 15, 2004

Didja ever give a man a foot massage?

Some folks use their impressive mental powers to better the world; some don't. Unless, of course, you consider figuring out the amount of time spanned by the interwoven storylines of Pulp Fiction to be "bettering the world", which is something I'm not sure I'm expert at myself -- I mean, just look at some of the geeky stuff I write in this space. Glass houses, eh?

Anyhow, it's pretty airtight -- except for one piece of evidence. Mr. Nefarious uses a line of Mia Wallace's to demonstrate on which night the boxing match takes place, in relation to the night of her date with Vincent Vega. I've just checked, and unfortunately, the line isn't quite the way Mr. Nefarious remembers. Mia doesn't say "Thank you for last night", she says "I never thanked you for dinner" -- which doesn't quite establish the number of days that have transpired between the dinner and the fight. It could have been a couple of nights ago, it could have been last night. You never know. Or do you?

EDIT: Link fixed. And how embarrassing that Neddie was the one discover that I failed to correctly link a reference to him! The shame of it all! Woe, woe, woe....

No comments: