Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Dizzney Quizz

I saw this on SamuraiFrog and on Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness, so it must be good. It's about Disney movies.

Which Disney Princess film is your favorite?

Hmmmm...first I had to establish just what the "canonical" Disney Princess films are. For the purposes of this quiz, I'll use the list here. And geez, this question turns out to be pretty hard. I'm going to go with Aladdin, for sentimental reasons (in college, I saw it four times with The Girlfriend (now The Wife)).

Which non-Disney Princess Disney Film is your favorite?

Peter Pan. I've always loved this movie, even with the awful racism of "What Makes the Red Man Red".

Which Disney film makes you cry the most?

Hmmmm...hard to say. None of them really make me cry, actually, although Beauty and the Beast comes pretty close if I'm in the right mood.

Which Disney film makes you the happiest?

The Emperor's New Groove. That movie is so unabashedly silly that it's almost like the filmmakers were channeling the spirit of Chuck Jones.

Which Disney film has the best music?

In terms of songs, Beauty and the Beast -- that's when Alan Menken and Howard Ashman were at their best. In terms of score? That's a little tougher. If we're including the Pixar films, then Finding Nemo. Thomas Newman's score for that film is amazing. (For the classic films, maybe Bambi.)

Which Disney film has the best love story?

I've always liked the bittersweet way The Hunchback of Notre Dame ends, so I'll say that one. I haven't seen the film in a long time.

Who is your favorite Disney Princess?

Cinderella.

Who is your favorite Disney Prince?

Who are the canonical Princes, anyway? Is Aladdin a prince? If so, that's my guy.

Who is your favorite Disney animal sidekick?

Abu from Aladdin. And it's not a question, but my favorite sentient inanimate object sidekick is the Magic Carpet from the same movie.

Who is your favorite Disney main character animal?

Main character animal...hmmmm...let's go with Bernard and Miss Bianca, The Rescuers.

Who is your favorite villain?

Jafar, from Aladdin. For an animated character, he really seems to be one of those wonderful "chewing the scenery" types of film villains.

What is your favorite Disney song?

Oh boy...this is just too hard. My favorite song from all of Disney? That's like choosing a favorite symphony. I'll name one, just for the sake of the quiz, but I could name another tomorrow. Yes, I'm stalling.

Hmmmm....

Oh, all right. "Belle", from Beauty and the Beast. It's what every great musical needs: a curtain-raising ensemble number that introduces the characters.

What is your favorite Disney villian song?

Geez, these are hard! "Hellfire" from The Hunchback of Notre Dame is very chilling; Jafar's reprise of "Prince Ali" from Aladdin is also highly effective. I'd go with either of those.

But then there's "Gaston"...and "Poor Unfortunate Souls"....

What is your favorite Disney animal song?

Is this a song about animals, or a song sung by animals? That's kind of tough. Hmmmm...I don't much like The Jungle Book, but I guess "Bare Necessities" is kind of catchy. (I'd have like the movie better if it had just been about the animals, and let Mowgli get eaten by Shere Khan.)

What is your favorite Disney Princess song?

"God Help the Outcasts" from The Hunchback of Notre Dame, even though I suppose Esmerelda's not a Princess, is she? Hmmmmm.

What is your favorite Disney Prince song?

"One Song", from Snow White.

What is your favorite Disney Prince/Princess duet song?

Mentioned above, but "A Whole New World" from Aladdin. I love the hell out of it.

What is your favorite Disney love song?

"How Do You Know?" from Enchanted. Amy Adams makes me all kinds of happy in that flick.

4 comments:

Amy T said...

Hi! Just discovered your blog and btw, I LOVE the overalls! :) I guess these questions exclude all Pixar movies, but if I had to include one, my favorite love story and the one that made me cry the most would be from Pixar's Up movie.

I agree with you about Peter Pan. I love that film, and I watched it for the first time since I was a kid and was SHOCKED at the racist innuendos that we're so sensitive to now.

JBond said...

Great questions....great answers! I decided to give my responses too. Hope you like.

Which Disney Princess film is your favorite?
'The Little Mermaid'

Which non-Disney Princess Disney Film is your favorite?
'Hercules'

Which Disney film makes you cry the most?
'Up' ...that first 15 minutes is killer!

Which Disney film makes you the happiest?
'Toy Story 2'

Which Disney film has the best music?
'The Little Mermaid'

Which Disney film has the best love story?
'Beauty & The Beast'

Who is your favorite Disney Princess?
'Ariel'

Who is your favorite Disney Prince?
'Prince Adam'(?) aka 'The Beast' (Had know idea that was his real name!)

Who is your favorite Disney animal sidekick?
'Sebastian' from 'The Little Mermaid' or 'Ray' the firefly from 'The Princess & The Frog' in a close 2nd place!
...ugh! Or the 'Rhino' the hamster from 'Bolt'...wow he was great!

Who is your favorite Disney main character animal?
'Prince John' from 'Robin Hood' "...he's the PHONY King of EnglaaAAAand!"

Who is your favorite villain?
'Ursula' from 'The Little Mermaid'

What is your favorite Disney song?
'A Whole New World' from 'Aladdin'...
or
'Part of Your World' from 'The Little Mermaid' (I thought it was called: 'Where the People Are'..learn something new each day!)

What is your favorite Disney villian song?
'Poor Unfortunate Souls' from 'the Little Mermaid'
OR
'Gaston' from 'Beauty & The Beast'


What is your favorite Disney animal song?
'Bare Necessities' was a good choice.
I like 'Les Poissons' from 'The Little Mermaid' equally.

What is your favorite Disney Princess song?
'Part of Your World' from 'The Little Mermaid'

What is your favorite Disney Prince song?
Not sure.... I don't think I was blown away really by ANY prince songs in any of the Disney films.

Can I pick 'Gaston' from Beauty & The Beast' ? He wasn't really a prince...more of a hunter.

What is your favorite Disney Prince/Princess duet song?
"... 'A Whole New World' from Aladdin. I love the hell out of it."
Your's is correct! Either that or the title track from 'Beauty & The Beast' (If you'll permit...on the radio Celine Dion and Peabo Bryson sing duet...in the film it's Angerla Lansbury's character by herself)

What is your favorite Disney love song?
'A Whole New World' from 'Aladdin'

-J.Bond
(Cultural Compulsive Disorder)

JBond said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JBond said...
This comment has been removed by the author.