Thursday, April 14, 2005

"Revelations"

I made an attempt to watch that new show Revelations last night, because I do enjoy a good apocalyptic story once in a while (but not of the Left Behind variety), and I gave up at pretty much the exact same moment that PZ Myers gave up. There's something there about fine minds thinking alike, or something like that. Anyway, I guess I'll just restrict my apocalypse tastes for my DVD set of Millennium's first season. Now there was a great show. I watched the pilot the other day, and it was still fairly chilling, even eight years later (and five after the actual turning of the millennium).

And when Americal Idol was over (How on Earth does a crappy singer like Scott Savol keep surviving?!), I turned it over to Eyes, which is one of the most entertaining shows I've seen in a long time. If you've seen the movie Sneakers, that's sort of what Eyes is like. It thrills me that somebody's trying to make a crime show that's fun and entertaining in the way that Magnum, PI and The Rockford Files were, as opposed to the constant dourness of the Law and Order franchise. (CSI is a different animal -- the original's got lots of black humor, which the New York incarnation has been adding in as well, while the Miami edition has sun, surf, and Emily Procter.)

Anyway, give Eyes a try, folks.

No comments: