Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Your "Holy CRAP!" quote of the day

Via PZ Myers I see this news item about a clergyman whose grand plan to host a big old-style book-burning was thwarted by local and county fire codes. It's a scary enough story that people still like to gather up stuff that they don't like and destroy it, but then I saw this graf:

Breedlove [the pastor who wants to burn heathen stuff] said a city fire inspector suggested shredding the offending material, but Breedlove said that wouldn't seem biblical. (italics added)

Tune in next week when Rev. Breedlove (surely the most misnamed clergyman in history) discovers that you can't stone the non-Christians to death anymore, either!

(Let me also say that this story reaffirms something of which I have never stopped being proud: I went to college in Iowa.)

No comments: