Sunday, May 15, 2005

Sentential Links

I'm not sure if "Sentential" is a word, but hey, who cares, right? Anyway, here are some sentences that recently caught my eye from blogs I read. If you want the context, click the sentence. OK? OK.

:: To be a biologist at the dawn of the 21st century is to be a librarian in the last days of Alexandria.

:: I would imagine that the new series CSI:Wichita will solve that little problem by having the crime scene investigators simply pray for the suspects to confess.

:: Am I the only one who feels the need to sing at the top of my lungs when alone in the house and drinking?

(No, you're not. That's the only time I ever dance.)

:: The way I see it, women fall into two categories: thong wearing and non thong wearing.

:: People stink and they are stupid.

:: Reverend Dimmesdale, unsurprisingly, was unavailable for comment.

:: Why are axe-murderers distinguished as such?

(Hell, I dunno. PZ Myers labeled me as an axe-murderer, and I don't even own an axe. I have a saw that I have used seven times: to cut the bottom couple of inches off our Christmas tree trunk each year.)

:: We're supposed to believe that the nation's millionaires, having already had their tax rates slashed by a third over the past two decades, are still being bled to the bone by federal taxes.

:: The literary critic Harold Bloom once said that we weren’t fully human until Shakespeare began writing: that Shakespeare completed our sapience. Which is both interesting and stark, utter bullshit.

Good sentences, from better paragraphs and posts.

No comments: