Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Another list-quiz thing....

Via Tosy and Cosh. I can't stop myself from filling these out.

1. My uncle once: shipped off for World War II.

2. Never in my life: danced the tango.

3. When I was five: I saw Star Wars for the very first time. (Bet you didn't think I could tie Star Wars into this!)

4. High School was: a period that seemed dreadfully real at the time, but seems incredibly hazy now, so much so that I'm sometimes not sure if it happened at all.

5. I will never forget: my friend's gasp of "Holy shit!" when Mace Windu met his maker.

6. I once met: Wynton Marsalis. And then I skipped his concert that night, for which I have strangely never felt much regret.

7. There's this girl I know: whose smile makes me absolutely melt.

8. Once, at a bar: I watched Doug Drabek almost throw a no-hitter for the Pirates, against the Phillies. The no-no was broken up with two out in the bottom of the ninth.

9. By noon I'm usually: already tired.

10. Last night: I watched the final two on American Idol

11. If I only had: a way to regenerate brain tissue.

12. Next time I go to church: it will be Sunday.

13. Terry Schiavo: is dead.

14. What worries me most: is that J.P. Losman won't be a good quarterback. (No, that's not really what worries me most. But still.)

15. When I turn my head left, I see: my desk, a map of the world, and the poster for The Phantom Menace

16. When I turn my head right, I see: the tee-vee.

17. You know I'm lying when: I sound as though I'm self-assured. I have self-doubt by the boatload.

18. What I miss most about the eighties: Knowing that George Lucas will someday make some more Star Wars movies.

19. If I was a character written by Shakespeare, I'd be: prone to really poetic speeches.

20. By this time next year: my hair will be visibly gray, I suspect.

21. A better name for me would be: hard to imagine, really.

22. I have a hard time understanding: why some people are just so damned freaked out by the idea of evolution.

23. If I ever go back to school I'll: study music. Or, should I say, finish studying music.

24. You know I like you if: I stop what I'm doing to talk to you.

25. If I won an award, the first person I'd thank would be: George Lucas.

26. Darwin, Mozart, Slim Pickens & Geraldine Ferraro: are four names plucked at random to make a cutesy, overly clever question for a blog-quiz.

27. Take my advice: Aeresol-can whipped cream sucks, and not just in flavor, either.

28. My ideal breakfast is: a bowl of shredded wheat with a ton of berries on top (fresh preferred, frozen acceptable).

29. A song I love, but do not have is: that cover of "Over the Rainbow" by that Hawaiian singer that was all the rage a few years back. (Not Don Ho, the other Hawaiian singer.)

30. If you visit my hometown, I suggest: walking the Elmwood strip, going to the Philharmonic, and eating wings at a bar.

31. Tulips, character flaws, microchips & track stars: are the non-proper name equivalent of the question from above.

32. Why won't people: realize that The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones don't suck.

33. If you spend the night at my house: I'll probably trip on you on my way out the door.

34. I'd stop my wedding for: about five minutes.

35. The world could do without: weak coffee.

36. I'd rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: willingly ingest broccoli.

37. My favorite blonde is: The Daughter. My favorite non-living-in-this-household blonde, though, is Julie Delpy.

38. Paper clips are: really handy for averting worldwide disaster, if MacGyver is to be believed.

39. If I do anything well, it's: fill out blog-quiz things.

40. And by the way: why did write the book of love, anyway?

No comments: