Saturday, April 01, 2006

Those fantastic Victorians

Via Warren Ellis I see that Jess Nevins's book Fantastic Victoriana has been published (Amazon link). Assuming that the book contains much of the same content as Nevins's long-standing website (which was reporting an exceeding of bandwidth when last I checked an hour or two ago), the book must be wonderful indeed. It's been a long time since I checked out Fantastic Victoriana.

Nevins himself used to be a commenter on this blog, although he doesn't seem to have been around much in a while. I hope that's because he got too busy for blog reading, as opposed to other plausible explanations, like he found my content too repetitive and dull after a while, or that he finally got fed up with my mouth-foaming about the NFL team from New England (he's a fan).

Anyhow, I hope that the book stays at that discounted price for a while, because I'd like to buy it next month maybe.

No comments: