Wednesday, May 03, 2006

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

The trailer to Superman Returns is really cool. I am really looking forward to this movie. (Oh, and Verbal Kint is a pussy. Kevin Spacey was born to play Lex Luthor.)

And in other movie geek news, Mr. Jones reports that in the Star Trek prequel movie (whose apparent premise I dissed a couple weeks ago), the role of James T. Kirk may be played by Ben Affleck.

Strangely, I'm not all that bothered by that casting, if it happens. Affleck seems to me to be the same kind of scenery-chewer that William Shatner was, although obviously Affleck will never compare to "the Shat" for sheer ham. I'm still more bothered by the idea of the movie itself: if they have to do more Star Trek, I'd rather it be new. But I'm still unenthusiastic about the idea that we need any more Star Trek at all.

No comments: