Monday, May 01, 2006

Sentential Links #48

As per usual, click for context:

:: As things stand now, this nation may finally have one of the worst epitaphs in history: They lost their liberty -- and they didn't even know it.

:: "Is this paint?", I ask accusingly. (Remember the great line by Fox Mulder, when told that he'd just dipped his hand in bile: "Is there any way I can get it off my fingers quickly without betraying my cool exterior?")

:: Having such small apartments, city residents want to make the most of the space that they have. In designing a loft apartment for his son, architect Kyu Sung Woo came up with an interesting solution to the space problem...he fit two stories into a one-story apartment. (Wow! Follow a few links here, folks. Cool.)

:: I love to watch the future take shape.

:: No, Christie is not staying popular due to some intrinsic quality, but by massive and well-managed reinvention.

:: This is what happened on my birthday last year: I got dumped before 9 a.m.

:: Rowing has specialized clothing as well, and it also combines fashion and function.

:: Alongside executives and officials, I toured the shiney, empty plant (workers stood in their work positions as we passed by) and applauded as ribbons were cut. Then I followed the first pigs through the slaughtering process.

All for this week, folks. Thank you for playing, and remember, there are no losers on "Sentential Links"!

UPDATE: Oops, forgot one: As far as I’m concerned, you’re at least as American as I am.. Amen to that.

No comments: