Saturday, May 15, 2004

Bring on the Amazons

Jayme Lynn Blaschke has somehow drawn a particularly nice assignment: he gets to write some entries for an upcoming fantasy and SF encyclopedia, including one on my favorite of the DC Comics superheroes, Wonder Woman. I often think, where the hell is the great Wonder Woman revival? Why isn't there a Wonder Woman movie in the works? Does it seem right that the Phantom got his own movie, but not Wonder Woman? (And I thought The Phantom was a pretty good little costumed-hero flick. Pretty good score, too.) It boggles the mind. I would love to see a Wonder Woman movie. Maybe even more than Spiderman.

And, of course, it's been a while since I posted the following item, so for newer readers, here is my personal choice for the Greatest Single Comic Book Cover of All Time:



Zap! Pow!

(EDIT: Apparently I was spectacularly wrong in assuming Jayme was, er, female, assuming that the picture in Jayme's Technorati profile is actually a picture of Jayme. I, of all people, well know the pitfalls of having a name that obscures gender. Whoops!)

No comments: