I love my techno doodads as much as anyone, but wow, have I ever in just the last year or two amassed an incredible number of things that plug into my USB port. I have so many of these things that I sometimes can't even plug in all the things I may want to plug in at one time! 'Tis wild and whacky, it is.
A small inventory of USB-powered or USB-interfaced stuff at Casa Jaquandor:
2. Digital camera
3. My MP3 player
4. The WIfe's MP3 player
5. The Daughter's MP3 player
6. My main external hard drive -- 250GB
7. My backup external hard drive -- 320GB (I'm paranoid about backing up, and I may buy a third one come August, when they can be had at Target pretty cheaply.)
8. My cell phone (I use the USB port to charge it, instead of the wall outlet)
9. Flash drive, 8GB
10. Flash drive, 4GB
11. Flash drive, 1GB
12. Flash drive, 1GB (This one I use for that "System Boost" thing that Vista can do, which treats the flash drive as memory, because I'm too lazy to go and get a proper memory upgrade.)
13. Flash drive, 512MB
14. Card reader for MicroSD cards (of which I have three; one's in the phone and one's in the camera, and one I'm not currently using for anything)
OK, I made that last one up. But yeah, I've got a lot of USB-related crap.