Thursday, May 20, 2010

Something for Thursday

Whoa! It's Thursday. Oops.

As a tonic for the latest crime against music perpetrated on American Idol by the inexplicably beloved crappy singer Lee DeWyze, here's Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" the way the thing is supposed to sound:



Lee turned it into an arena-rock anthem. It was the most vile thing I've heard since...Lee ruined "Falling Slowly" by Glen Hansard and Markita Irglova...or since Lee brutally strangled "Hey Jude" and then dragged the bloody corpse around the stage....

2 comments:

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

OMFG...he really attempted it and ruined it? How do you mess up THIS song????? It's iconic and you don't mess with something so wonderfully Canadian.

Have I not made clear my unabashed love for kd and this song in particular???? Why was I not consulted before the song choice was made. I still have a lifetime veto as everyone knows.

First, we take Manhatten, then we take Berlin, then we firebomb American Idol.

GAH! I hate that show. I never watch that show because of things like this. I just know that the stupid show would infuriate me more than most everything does so I stay away from it.

redsneakz said...

This is the perfect thing to listen to on the first day of listening to instrumental music after the end of the Omer. Thanks, K.