Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hate mail! I get hate mail!

I don't get nasty e-mails all that often, so when I do, it's kind of fun, in a bizarre sort of way. Especially when the mail is so staggeringly illiterate as this one. Here it is:

YOUR A STUPID BITCH!
It's Not supposed to be unpredictable
"children's book!" ...He made no mistakes
its a novel for leaning and imagination god...


Now, there's lots of funny there, to be sure. It's amusing to be taken to task for a book review by a person who can't tell "your" from "you're" and calls me a "stupid bitch", thus demonstrating a failure to even read my GMR bio and note the masculine pronouns used there in reference to me. But the funniest thing about it is that in my review, I raved about the book in question! Seriously! I loved the book, and said so.

So I'm sent hate mail by someone because I didn't like their favorite book enough. There's something funny about that, oh yes....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of the time I referred to a band which called a band which had claimed to be Christian on their own website as a Christian band, but some of the band members and many of their fans were appalled that I would call them that. Their vomiting cookie monster vocalist had made the site, but most of the fans and band members did not know that, as it turned out (which also meant that they did not understand the implications of the name of the band, Saved By Grace). The quality of grammar, usage and punctuation in all e-mails was predictably very low also.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

HA..good for you. I remember when I got my first hate email. Was I ever that young?

Now if I am not mistaken that verbage is in the style of the LOL cat - so it was a cat who hated your review. What do they know? They can't even find Waldo no matter how much time you give them.

Lynn said...

They can't write so they probably can't read either.