Monday, May 18, 2009

Make Me Read!

OK, I am now working my way through Guy Gavriel Kay's A Song for Arbonne, which means that it's time for you, the Readership, to decide what I read next. Up for selection this time are two works of old literature that I've meant to read for years, and it's time to knock one of them off. And that's where you come in!

First is The Nibelungenlied, the great German epic poem that tells the tale of Siegfried and his adventures; the other is The Sagas of the Icelanders, which is a collection of, obviously enough, Icelandic sagas. I'll run this poll for one week, so let the voting commence!

(The poll is in the sidebar, near the top.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Icelandic sagas are better

DavidS (Read Star-Fire)

Anonymous said...

I have a copy of the Sagas (same edition as yours) and have dipped into it from time to time over the past few years. It's like spending a long weekend with distant relatives--familiar, yet strange.

I know next to nothing about the Ring, though.

~Jason