Belladonna has a quiz thing! And I haven't done a quiz thing in a long time, so hey, here goes. Pretty straightforward.
8 Things I am looking forward to:
1. Seeing Star Trek. I'm still deeply skeptical about the whole "reboot" thing -- I'm not wild about a Jim Kirk who never went back in time and fell in love with Edith Keeler, who never put a guy named Khan on a deserted planet, who never had to deal with a ship full of tribbles -- but I'm hearing that the movie is good, and I do like good movies.
2. Continuing my re-read of Guy Gavriel Kay's novels; next up is A Song for Arbonne. (Note to self: blog about Tigana.)
3. Corn on the cob and BLT's, our favorite late-summer dinner.
4. Losing more weight. I'm on a plateau of my own making right now, but soon!
5. My father-in-law's visit in late June, which will coincide with The Daughter's tenth birthday. Nobody tell her! (Although I think she already knows.)
6. Seeing how Terrell Owens and the new tight end impact the Bills' offense this fall.
7. Trying Dijon mustard on my next burger, to see if my tastes match Barack Obama's. My preferred condiments tend to be ketchup mixed with Weber's horseradish mustard (a Buffalo thing), or the combination of mayonnaise, onions, and lots of black pepper.
8. Figuring out the future.
8 Things I did yesterday:
1. Repaired two of the electric carts we have at The Store for elderly or disabled shoppers.
2. Rode around on my scissors lift. (Well, it's not my scissors life, but I treat it like it is.)
3. Watched last week's episode of Hell's Kitchen. Go Danny!
4. Enjoyed "Hong Kong Chicken" at the Chinese Buffet. I have no idea what's "Hong Kong" about it.
5. Went to the library.
6. Had yogurt and green tea with mint for mid-morning snack.
7. Read xkcd on a rare Thursday update. It had a five-day storyline this week, and it was inspired; do go check it out. Especially if you liked Firefly.
8. Fixed a broken condensate pan on a self-contained refrigerated case. I am Maintenance Man, hear me roar! (Odd that I have a job for which overalls would be the perfect attire, but they're not the approved uniform. Oh well.)
8 Things I wish I could do:
1. Carpentry. I'm learning.
2. Understand why everybody else, and not me.
3. Not have to wonder why everybody else, and not me.
4. Talk to my best friend again.
5. Knit (No, I did not forget to take of Mimi's answer, I'm just stealing it. I've never learned how because I just don't sit still long enough. But it seems like a cool and worthwhile practice. Maybe I'll learn??)
6. Plumbing. But I'll learn. (See no. 1 above.)
7. Throw things, reliably and on target. My aim has always been lousy.
8. Dance. Who knows, maybe I can. I was always too self-conscious to try.
8 Shows I Watch
1. Grey's Anatomy
4. Antiques Roadshow
5. The Office
6. 30 Rock
7. American Idol
8. The Amazing Race
Just a couple more entries would sum up the entirety of my teevee watching these days.
8 Life Lessons I have benefited from (or am TRYING to put into practice)
1. Listen to music every day.
2. Let it be.
3. Hope is a good thing, and no good thing ever dies.
4. Do, or do not. There is no try.
5. Never go in with a Sicilian when death is on the line.
6. Don't pour all of your cruelty and power and malice into a single gold ring.
7. When its third-and-short late in the fourth and you have the lead, run the ball.
8. And my usual year's end sign-off, "Smile, because you never know what life will throw in your face next."