UPDATE: Some correct guesses are in, as noted below. Another day or two and I'll give out the rest of the answers.
What this blog needs to jazz things up is...a quiz! So, here's a quiz. The following are quotes from fictional characters. Some are from movies, some from comics, some from books. Each quote has the speaker describing himself or herself. Identify the characters. Fun wow!
1. "I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice."
(Wolverine from The Uncanny X-Men
2. "In this town, I'm the leper with the most fingers."
3. "You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life."
(Han Solo in TESB)
4. "I'm the only cause I'm interested in."
5. "I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor."
(Gandalf in Lord of the Rings: FOTR)
6. "I play videogames better than anybody."
7. "Whacking. I'm hell at whacking."
(John Book in Witness)
8. "I have an extensive collection of nametags and hairnets."
(Wayne in Wayne's World)
9. "I wanna be just like you. I figure all I need is a lobotomy and some tights."
10. "I washed my face and hands before I come, I did."
(Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady)
Who are these folks?