Friday, November 12, 2004

Is there a camphor tree anywhere around here???

It seems that Disney/Miramax/Satan Inc. has set another release date for the next round of Studio Ghibli films on DVD: February 22, 2005. The titles to be released are Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind, Porco Rosso, and The Cat Returns. Readers with long memories may note that The Cat Returns was not originally intended for release with these films; My Neighbor Totoro was. Oh well. I'm sure Totoro will get a DVD release at some point, and I've never seen The Cat Returns, so I'll take a movie I haven't seen at all and live with my crappy VHS of Totoro for a while.

But not forever. I'm watching you, Disney. Just cause Eisner's leaving doesn't get you turkeys off the hook.

(Dammit, where's Song of the South, anyway?!)

No comments: