Saturday, November 27, 2004

Christmas attire: hard to find.

At The Store, the employees are allowed to wear Christmas-themed shirts during the Holiday Season. So I went right out this morning to Target, thinking I'd find one or two and grab 'em so I could wear them at work, since it's always nice to get out of the usual uniform shirt (especially since my uniform shirt is this black rugby thing, and I hate it). But I quickly discovered something dismaying: no shirts of a Holiday theme exist for men, unless I want a T-shirt, and unless I want said T-shirt to have, say, Santa riding a Harley or "Bah, Humbug" in big letters, or some slogan to the effect of, "Come here, honey, and tell me if you've been naughty or nice!" Now, it's too cold to be in a T-shirt all day at work, and besides, none of those would be appropriate, anyway.

So what I'll likely do is just rotate a couple plain red and plain green sweatshirts I already own, which I'll doctor up by sticking a bow to the right breast (opposite the nametag).

Speaking of the nametag, I decorated mine yesterday with one of those really small gift bows. This idea proved fairly popular, and I went through two packages of those small bows giving them out to people who wanted to do likewise. It's all in a day's work, at The Store.

(There should be a TV show, kind of like "COPS", only with me wandering around The Store. Except that the show would be really boring: "OK, now I'm gonna go check the bathrooms again. Yeah, I checked 'em an hour ago, but you never know -- all it takes is one person with a bowel problem to turn a clean bathroom into the gastronomic equivalent of Hiroshima...but first we gotta wait outside the ladies' room for fifteen minutes, until everyone comes out...dum doo de dummy doo...")

No comments: