Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Rejection

I neglected to mention this last week, but Publisher Number One officially passed on The Promised King, Book One: The Welcomer. Thus, I am now in the process of readying it for Publisher Number Two.

I must admit to questioning the whole writing thing in recent weeks and months. There are times when I really want to tell more stories, but there are other times when the thought actually enters my mind: "Does the world really need another storyteller?" And I've also been in a reading slump, which isn't helping. Dry spells come, and dry spells go, but this one's been both dryer and longer than any I can remember.

All this is preamble to this: Expect a hiatus here sometime in the next few weeks, and one that perhaps could last a while. (Especially with another event in the offing sometime this month that is virtually guaranteed to shake things up in my carefully-constructed world. Let's just say that The Wife's weight gain, which has been going on for close to 40 weeks, should be coming to a drastic end fairly soon.)

No comments: