Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Random Wednesday Conversation Starter

You're walk into your dining room, and you're hungry. There's a fruit bowl on the table, containing...well, any kind of fruit you could ever possibly want. (It's a magic fruit bowl, obviously. Work with me, people!) What's more, every piece of fruit within it is at the exact level of ripeness that you prefer, whether or not the fruit is in season. (Again, folks: Magic fruit bowl.) Any piece of fruit that you take from this Magic Fruit Bowl will be absolutely perfect, the Platonic ideal for you of what that fruit should be.

And you get to take one piece of fruit from the bowl to eat. What do you take?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have said black cherry but then you said ONE PIECE...so I say bunch of Concord Grapes.

Kaye Waller said...

I'd take that perfect white peach.

Mimi said...

Assuming a handful counts as one, blueberries.

LC Scotty said...

Mango. If you've ever been where these things grow and had one right off the tree. Ohhh baby that's good eating.

Michael May said...

A strawberry. Perfect strawberries only exist in the same place as Bigfoot and the Holy Grail.

Kerry said...

A pineapple. Tastes like vacation.

Lynn said...

My first impulse was to say apple because I really like apples a lot, but Michael's perfect strawberry sounds extremely tempting. But then I think, maybe a watermelon that tastes like watermelons tasted when I was kid. I don't particularly like watermelon now but when I was a little kid they were the most awesome thing ever!

But, after all that over-thinking, I think I'll stick with the perfect apple - a nice, BIG, perfect Gala apple.

Roger Owen Green said...

If the magic includes peeling, then a pineapple. If not, a Bartlett pear.