Via Sunday Stealing:
1. It's 2AM and you are not home. You are more than likely:
Face down in a gutter somewhere. Or on a plane to a secret destination. Or in the medical examination room of an alien spaceship.
2. What's the last thing you spent more than $100 on?
3. What do your bank checks look like?
They're boring blue checks. The cheapest checks I can get. Speaking of which, it's probably time I got an ATM card. I have a feeling that technology is going to stick around.
4. Where did the shirt you are currently wearing come from?
Same as most of my clothes these days: Target. (It's a red henley.)
5. Name something that will be on your Christmas wish list:
Well, we're kind of far out from Christmas, so I won't know. I'm always loving gift cards to Borders, though.
6. What color is your toothbrush?
Funny you should ask -- I bought a two-pack the other day and I'm opening it today, so I can't answer this until I pick one to start with. (Either blue or pink.)
7. Name something you collect and tell us about it.
Books, I suppose. I'm not really a "collector"; more of a gatherer of stuff that looks cool to me.
8. Last restaurant you ate at. Who were you with? How was it?
As a family, we ate at Taffy's the other night. I should take pictures; I love that place. It's just your basic roadside burgers, hot dogs, and ice cream joint. It's right on a very busy street corner, but their seating area is set back a bit, and they have those tables with the cloth canopies and the benches that rock back and forth, and the entire seating area has speakers for their satellite radio thing, over which they play oldies. Love that place. Especially the counter-service girls whom I'm pretty sure are trained to lean forward with their cleavage when you're ordering.
The Daughter and I got takeout pizza last night from a joint we'd never tried before. Turned out to be really good pizza. Just what I need: another good pizza place to support. This one's a fifteen minute drive away, and we already have six pizza places within five minutes of Casa Jaquandor!
9. Who was the last person you bought a birthday card for?
Not sure I remember. I used to give a lot of cards, but not so much these days.
10. What is your worst bad habit?
Spending too much time online. I have to force myself to write by turning off the Wi-Fi on my laptop, but even that's too easy to turn back on. What I need is an ethernet extender cable, so I can just unplug the wireless router and run the Internet right to the main computer so The Wife and The Daughter can use the Interweb while I write, free of distraction from the Net.
11. Name a magazine you subscribe to?
These days, my only subscription is to WIRED. I need to resubscribe to Rambler and I'd like to subscribe to Rosebud.
12. Your favorite pizza toppings?
Pepperoni and sausage. Or sausage and onions. Or sausage, green peppers, and onions. Or sausage and mushrooms. Or pepperoni and banana peppers. Or...you get the idea.
13. Whose number were you looking up the last time you used a phone book?
I can't remember. Last time I used a phone book was to see if there are any comic book stores in the Buffalo Southtowns anymore. (There aren't.)
14. Other than family, who is the person that you love most?
15. What is the last thing you cooked?
I made an omelet for dinner the other night, using frozen stir-dry vegetables.
16. Name something you wouldn't want to buy used?
17. Which shoe do you put on first?
Whichever one I grab.
18. What is the last thing you remember losing?
A hammer "disappeared" from my tool bag at work. I hate when my tools walk off. Once in a while I'll find one of mine in the desk of whoever borrowed it. And then another name goes on my "Revenge" list.
19. What is the ugliest piece of furniture in your house?
Our recliner. Heavens, that thing needs to go.
20. Last thing you bought and ended up returning?
A jar of something from The Store that turned out to have the seal broken.
21. What perfume/cologne do you wear? If none, why?
None. I have no interest in it.
22. Your favorite board game?
Asked and answered.
23. What was the last board game you played?
That one, I assume.
24. Where did your vehicle come from?
My parents tracked it down from a dealer they trust in their town last time I needed a car.
25. If a movie was made about your life what would the theme song be?
No song, but it would be a big symphonic thing by John Williams lasting twenty minutes.
26. You're sad, who can cheer you up easily?
27. What was the color of the bridesmaid dresses of the last wedding you went to?
I honestly don't remember. It's been four years since I was at a wedding, and they were people from The Wife's job, so I had no connection to them at all.
28. What house cleaning chore do you hate to do the most?
Cleaning the cat boxes.
29. What is your favorite way to eat chicken?
Fried. Or barbecued. Or roasted. Or stir-fried.
30. It is your birthday. You hope the cake is?
Carrot, and loaded with cream cheese frosting.