Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Quizzery, again

Cal comes up with this, and I figured I'd play along, even though it covers a lot of old territory from quizzes of yesteryear:

1.FULLNAME?

Lord Kelly, Scourge of Orion (yeah, there's a story there...I should post about it someday)

2.NICKNAME(S)?

"Hey you!"

3.BIRTHPLACE?

Pittsburgh, PA

4.WEBSITE

It's the one you're looking at. Unless you're reading this on Google Groups, in which case, it's not.

5.FAVORITE SALAD DRESSING?

Extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar (but I also like good old ranch).

6.FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?

Mint chocolate chip. Or vanilla bean. Or butter pecan. Or B&J's New York Brownie Super Fudge Chunk. Or H-D's coffee, which is miraculous stuff.

7.FUTURE CAREER GOALS?

Writing tales of star-spanning epics.

8.PROBABLE CAREER?

Maintenance/repair/carpentry. (Which isn't at all bad, actually. Love what I do.)

9.FAVORITE FOOD?

Ummmm...just check the "Food" post label.

10.FAVORITE DRINK? (Non-alcoholic)

Lemonade, green tea, mint tea, coffee, Cherry Coke

11.FAVORITE SCHOOL SUBJECT?

Music, history, science, literature.

12.FAVORITE SCHOOL ACTIVITY?

Any of the music groups in which I was a member.

13.LEAST FAVORITE SCHOOL SUBJECT?

Depending on the teachers, math. Good teacher equals good math class. Teacher I hate equals hellish math experience. Oh, and geology. That's the one science I've never been able to work up any enthusiasm for.

14.LEAST FAVORITE SCHOOL ACTIVITY?

Gym class when it was wrestling, basketball, or "Hey, I'm the coach and I don't want to do much today so let's just go to the track and run a mile".

15.WHAT DO YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT YOUR TOWN?

My little suburb is a beautiful little village.

16.WHAT DO YOU LIKE LEAST ABOUT YOUR TOWN?

I'm not as rich as some folks here? I guess? Hmmmmm.

17.GREATEST ADVENTURE?

Whitewater kayaking on the Youghigheny River in Pennsylvania.

18.MOST ROMANTIC MOMENT?

So many, so many...telling the server at a restaurant on Cape Cod that it was our honeymoon.

19.HOW MANY PILLOWS?

Two. I use a third when I'm reading in bed, but I put it aside when it's time for sleep.

20.PETS?

Lester, Julio and Comet.

21.THREE FAVORITE MOVIES? (THIS YEAR)

Huh...I haven't seen a single 2010 release yet. I'm almost exclusively a wait-for-the-DVD person.

22.THREE FAVORITE MOVIES? (ALL TIME)

Star Wars: A New Hope, Casablanca, My Fair Lady

23.FAVORITE TV SHOWS (THIS YEAR)

Grey's Anatomy, Hell's Kitchen, Castle

24.THREE FAVORITE TV SHOWS? (ALL TIME)

Star Trek, Seinfeld, The X-Files

25.LEAST FAVORITE TV SHOWS

Full House, The Bachelor, Touched By An Angel.

26.THREE FAVORITE SONGS? (ALL TIME)

"Hallelujah", Leonard Cohen (but performed by kd lang); "On the Street Where You Live" by Lerner and Loewe (from My Fair Lady); "Let It Be" by Paul.

27.THREE FAVORITE ALBUMS OR CDs?

The Lord of the Rings scores, extended editions, by Howard Shore; Der Ring des Nibelungen, by Wagner (Solti, VPO); Invisible Touch by Genesis.

28.THREE FAVORITE MUSIC VIDEOS?

"Hot For Teacher", Van Halen; "People Get Ready", Rod Stewart and Jeff Beck; "Glory Days", Bruce Springsteen. (Honorable mentions to "Come On Eileen" by Dexy's Midnight Runners, for the overalls, and "Fight For Your Right To Party" by the Beastie Boys for the pie fight.)

29.FAVORITE SINGER?

Frank Sinatra.

30.FAVORITE MUSICAL GROUP?

The London Symphony Orchestra. And Van Halen. And Pink Floyd. And Abba. And, of late, the Beatles.

31.MUSICAL SHAME?

I have Barry Manilow's "I Write the Songs" on my MP3 player.

32.FAVORITE CELEBRITY?

Nathan Fillion.

33.LEAST FAVORITE CELEBRITY?

Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh.

34.MALE STAR?

Liam Neeson, Harrison Ford, Nathan Fillion.

35.FEMALE STAR?

Stana Katic, Chandra Wilson, Tina Fey

36.WORD OR PHRASE YOU OVER USE?

"Yeah, that's a good idea."

37.SUPERPOWER YOU WOULD WANT?

Flight, super strength, and adamantium claws.

38.BODY PIERCINGS OR TATTOOS?

None.

39.IF YOU COULD WITNESS ONE EVENT IN HISTORY WHICH WOULD IT BE AND WHY WOULD YOU GO THERE?

I have got to know who, if anyone, was on that damned grassy knoll.

40.WHAT DO YOU THINK OTHERS ADMIRE ABOUT YOU?

My reliability. I'm there, man.

41.WHAT DO YOU ADMIRE MOST ABOUT YOURSELF?

My hair!

42.WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE ABOUT YOURSELF IF YOU COULD?

I'd ditch, permanently speaking, about fifty of the pounds I'm carrying about.

43.IF YOU COULD LIVE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHERE WOULD YOU GO? WHY?

I'd like a house on a nice piece of land somewhere around East Aurora, NY.

44.WHAT WOULD BE YOUR LAST MEAL? (INCLUDE EVERYTHING)

Pizza with sausage and pepperoni, chicken wings from Duff's (medium), a couple of bottles of Yeungling Lager. Then a pint of ice cream.

(And if I'm on death row, I chase it all with a shot of ipecac.)

45.WHAT IS YOUR PREFERRED METHOD OF EXECUTION?

Crucifixion. It gets you out in the open air.

46.WHAT LIVING PERSON WOULD YOU MOST LIKE TO HAVE LUNCH WITH?

Nathan Fillion! (But he'd probably get sick of reciting Firefly lines on request.)

47.WHAT DEAD PERSON WOULD YOU MOST HAVE LIKED TO HAVE LUNCH WITH?

Abe Vigoda. Oh wait....

48.THREE BOOKS TO TAKE TO A DESERT ISLAND?

The Lord of the Rings (JRRT), The Lions of Al-Rassan (GGK), The Complete Works of William Shakespeare. Or maybe Boat Building for Dummies, the 2nd edition with the new chapter on making boats from palm trees.

49.THREE PEOPLE YOU KNOW TO TAKE TO A DESERT ISLAND?

Am I leaving three people on the island, or do I want them with me? If the former, the folks named in Question 33. If the latter, The Wife, The Daughter, and Norm Abram.

50.THREE WISHES? (NO FAIR WISHING FOR MORE WISHES)

Someone freakishly rich to buy the Buffalo Bills and keep them in Buffalo; New York State's government to be completely scrapped and started over; the discovery of whatever power source drives the United Federation of Planets.

51.WHAT IS SOMETHING THAT MAKES YOU UNIQUE?

I like the Star Wars Prequel trilogy.

52.SPORT YOU MOST LIKE TO WATCH?

Football. Real football, with absurdly large guys in contact gear. Not that thing that's going on in South Africa.

53.SPORT YOU MOST LIKE TO PARTICIPATE IN?

Biking, hiking.

54.WHAT DO YOU COLLECT?

I gather books.

55.WHO DO YOU ADMIRE MOST IN YOUR LIFE?

My parents. They put up with an amazing amount of my shit!

56.WHAT HISTORICAL PERIOD WOULD YOU HAVE LIKED TO LIVE IN?

The 1960s. I would have liked to see the beginning of the space age, the coming of the Beatles, and all the rest of it.

57.FAVORITE MONOPOLY PIECE?

The lead pipe. Oh wait, that's Clue. The thimble, I guess.

58.FAVORITE BOARD GAMES?

Sorry. I should get off my butt and learn Settlers of Catan, though.

59.SPIRIT ANIMAL?

According to this quiz, it's a hawk.

60.FAVORITE ANIMAL?

Cats. And orcas. And bison.

61.BEST AND WORST PARTS OF LIVING IN THE FUTURE?

Spaceships to the stars, yay! Everyone wearing gray jumpsuits and taking food in pill form, boo!

62.DO YOU PREFER CATS OR DOGS?

Cats. Dogs are OK, but I'm suspicious of them.

63.WHAT WOULD BE YOUR SPICE GIRL NAME IF YOU WERE IN THE GROUP?

Jedi Spice.

64.DO YOU PREFER COKE OR PEPSI?

You know...I really like both. Especially when they're sweetened with cane sugar.

OK, there we go. Another quiz-thing bites the dust!

1 comment:

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I kinda am loving how this stupid noisemaker is making those in power lose their stuff because they can't control them. They are a cheap way for the poor to show their pride in their team. I don't buy the arguement one bit that they are untouchable because they are a cultural artifact. Personally I was not so bothered by watching games that were 90 minutes worth of vuvuzela noise.