Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Random Observations

:: I'm saddened by the separation of Al and Tipper Gore.

:: I'm annoyed at all the commentators who think that the important thing about the oil spill in the Gulf is that President Obama isn't showing enough emotion about it.

:: I'm entertained by the new season of Hell's Kitchen. My early favorite is the pretty girl with long, red dreadlocks. Why? Because she's pretty and has long, red dreadlocks.

:: I'm reminded that every time I see actor Stephen Tobolowky, I think, "Hi. My name is Werner Brandes. My voice is my passport. Verify me."

:: I'm tired of all the hot weather already. Hot weather stinks.

:: I'm wishing that xkcd did comics like this one more often.

:: I'm amazed at how much writing I can get done in one hour...when I've shut off my laptop's wi-fi.

:: I'm perplexed by the teevee show Glee. I love musicals and I always enjoy high school settings, but Glee confounds me.

:: I'm reminded anew, after watching the first two episodes on YouTube, of the staggering degree to which Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip was Aaron Sorkin's love letter to himself.

:: I'm happy that The Daughter laughed at all the right places when I watched the pilot episode of Firefly with her.

:: I'm amused by the awfulness of the teevee trailer I saw tonight for Eclipse, the new Twilight movie.

:: I'm flummoxed by the trailers for the new Karate Kid movie, especially the fact that they're calling it The Karate Kid when Jackie Chan says, "I will teach you kung fu!"

:: I'm frustrated that my favorite pair of earphones finally died last week after eight years of loyal service (they came with the personal CD player I bought in 2002), and that none of my other pairs make me happy for using my phone when walking. (I'm using my phone as an MP3 player now.) I prefer the phones with the piece that hooks over the back of the ear; I've never liked earbuds much at all because they get uncomfortable after a not-too-long period.

:: I'm enjoying a glass of Vernor's Ginger Ale with a shot of Captain Morgan Tattoo Rum as I write this.

:: I'm ending this post before it becomes incomprehensible.

4 comments:

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I am a big fan of Hell's Kitchen. I love the way Gordon Ramsey makes those chefs crap their pants so badly that they can't even fry an egg. I should be embarrassed by that admission but strangely I am not.

M. D. Jackson said...

Al and Tipper Gore have separated? Gosh that's terrible!


You don't happen to have Tipper's phone number, do you?

Roger Owen Green said...

I'm annoyed by the Obama/emote thing re: the oil spill.
Also annoyed bty the speculation about whether Al or Tipper is having an affair.

Tonio Kruger said...

I wish xkcd would do more cartoons like that too.

Yes, hot weather does stink. But for some reason, I hate cold weather more.