From Sunday Stealing, even though it's Tuesday:
1. You’re building your dream house. What’s the one thing that this house absolutely, positively MUST HAVE? (other than the obvious basics of course)
A thousand feet of bookshelves.
2. What is your dream car?
Some kind of large-ish vehicle that would have enough comfy space for myself and the family, be able to haul my tools and equipment around, and still get at least 40 mph. I have a feeling that this kind of vehicle may be available in the USA by 2027, and that they've had 'em in Japan since 1994.
3. What is your favorite website that isn’t a blog?
Flickr, I suppose.
4. iPhone 4 or Droid, which do you want?
The more I read about the way Apple does things, the less I want anything to do with them. Can I do whatever I want with a Droid? Do I get to select the content myself without any patriarchal crap from the company? If so, then the Droid.
5. When you’re feeling down or lonely or just generally out of sorts, what do you do to cheer yourself up?
I do a quiz. (But right now I feel fine!)
6. Tell me about something or someone that you love that most people seem to hate.
Just plug "Star Wars prequels" into the search box on this blog....
7. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Captain of a deep-space freighter, one with souped up engines and guns.
8. Would you go on a reality show if given the chance?
Depends on the show.
9. Who was your favorite teacher when you were growing up. (Grade school, Middle School, Jr. High or High School only.)
No names, but I liked my senior year English teacher a lot.
10. You get one pass to do something illegal or immoral. What are you gonna do?
Poop on George W. Bush's front lawn.
11. What were you doing 10 years ago?
Geez...I have to calibrate myself now that 10 years ago wasn't during the 1990s. 2000 was a pretty rough year; I was out of work for a big chunk of it. About this time I was hanging with The Kid and writing a lot.
12. By this time next year, I ...
will be 39.
13. Do you think the United States will elect a female President in your lifetime? Do you think this would be a good thing?
Yes, on both counts.
14. Which fictional, TV show character you would shag anytime?
Er...yeah. Agent Lisbon on The Mentalist, if only because there's no way I have a shot with Detective Beckett on Castle.
15. What is your greatest pet peeve?
Not sure, but the fact that this question shows up on so many Interweb quizzes is getting right up there.
16. Tell me about your most recent trip of more than 100 miles?
Our trip at Easter to Pittsburgh.
17. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?
18. Do you have a nickname? What is it?
19. What are you dreading at the moment?
I don't have any dread right now, really.
20. Do you worry that others will judge you from reading some of your answers?
After more than eight years of blogging, that others might judge me is the last thing I worry about.
21. In two words, explain what ended your last relationship.
Other guy. (You know what's cool? I've been in this relationship for so long that I have to really think to figure out what the one before this one was.)
22. What were you doing this morning at 8am?
Preparing for work. (I was already at work, but was checking e-mails, talking to people about what went on over the weekend, etc.)
23. Do you have any famous relatives?
Not that I know of.
24. How many different beverages have you drank today?
Let's see: OJ, coffee, water, iced tea, more iced tea, more water, red wine.
25. What is something you are excited about?
Taking a long weekend at some point. Not sure when, though.
26. When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group?
High school, I think.
27. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
Holy crap it's early.
28. What were you doing at midnight last night?
Swearing. I'm serious. We had a power outage a few days ago that lasted about thirty seconds. We re-set all the clocks, but we forgot to actually reset my alarm (which is always set for 6:00 am). So, when we went to bed, we just turned my alarm on and went to sleep. At the default time -- midnight -- the alarm went off. And I swore a bit before my brain kicked into gear and figured out what had gone wrong.
29. What’s a word that you say a lot?
30. Who is your worst enemy?
King Reynald VIII of Guilder. I hate that guy.