Saturday, June 12, 2010

Dispatches

Sorry for the radio silence, but my father-in-law is in town visiting so we're doing more family stuff this weekend than spending time online. Regular posting will resume Monday (although I don't rule out the possibility of a stray post here and there). For now:

:: World Cup Soccer is starting! Let the snoring begin!! (I find soccer so staggeringly boring as a spectator sport that I'd almost rather watch golf. Or country line dancing. Or a John McCain appearance on a Sunday morning news show.)

:: I heart farmer's markets.

:: We've had no rain for almost thirty-six hours. I hope my plants don't die.

:: Stupidest thing I've read today: a person responding to the notion that maybe 16-year-olds shouldn't be trying to sail solo around the world by pointing out that teenagers fought and died in the Revolutionary War. Well, I'm convinced!

:: More to say in a post to come, but if Classical Mystery Tour comes to your neck of the woods, please go. We did, and it was an enormous blast.

That's about it for now. I may have a post or two up before Monday, but no promises! Enjoy your weekend, folks.

No comments: