Saturday, June 03, 2006

When Republicans swoon

Craig notes a colossally stupid thing that a New York State Democrat said the other day, which is pretty unremarkable except for Craig's apparent belief that saying things that stupid is exclusive to those angry Democrats.

Well, unlike some Republicans, my political memory actually extends a bit farther back than 12:00 noon on January 20, 2001.

What Helms said then was stupid, and what Hevesi said the other day was equally stupid. Frankly, neither was that big a deal, and also frankly, I don't think either comment speaks to any tendency of Democrats or Republicans to say stupid things but rather to the universal tendency of people to say stupid things. I've said lots of stupid stuff myself. Look in my archives here if you don't believe me.

No comments: