Saturday, February 19, 2005

When laziness pays off

Even though I'm a big fan of Hayao Miyazaki's films (which, if you haven't seen, you're a colossal wanker), I still haven't bought my own copy of Spirited Away, which is (so far) his masterpiece. (I say "so far" because his newest film, Howl's Moving Castle, is still in the offing.)

Well, this week sees the release of three more Studio Ghibli films on DVD: Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind, Porco Rosso, and The Cat Returns. I expect that they'll all be available fairly cheaply at Target, so I'll be heading there after work on Tuesday. But the best news is the promotional offer that Buena Vista Home Video is offering:

According to Nausicaa.net, if you buy all three new DVDs, you'll be able to send in your proofs-of-purchase along with your receipt from the purchase for a free DVD, by mail, of either Spirited Away, Castle in the Sky, or Kiki's Delivery Service. So if all goes according to plan, I shall get a free copy of Spirited Away at some point. It will be mine. Oh yes. It will be mine.

(Eagle-eyed readers may note that The Cat Returns replaces My Neighbor Totoro on Tuesday's release. Also according to Nausicaa.net, there were problems with Totoro's DVD transfer, so that film has been delayed until an unspecified time.)

No comments: