Via John Scalzi I see a new meme: "Ten Things I Have Done, that You Probably Haven't". Regular readers know that I'm a sucker for this stuff, so, without further ado, here are ten things I've done:
1. Mooned a college professor. (Yes, I was drunk. I think. No, I don't know if he saw. It was dark. Not one of my proudest moments, really. But I'll bet none of you have done it....)
2. Wandered the streets of Minneapolis in search of misplaced car keys. (No, they weren't mine.)
3. Surfed the hole below Cucumber Rock. (If you know what I'm talking about, this makes sense.)
4. Walked across Ray Kinsella's ballpark, and walked a ways into his cornfield.
5. Boarded a boat in Plymouth, MA, to sail out into the Atlantic to observe humpback whales as they fed.
6. Cooked breakfast for a United States Congressman. (To be fair, I didn't know it was his breakfast before I cooked it.)
7. Cleaned out a trash compactor.
8. Performed Taps for the funeral of an American Legion member.
9. Road-tripped to a town twenty miles away, stopping in six grocery stores in that town (if I recall correctly), looking for a specific flavor of ice cream -- and finding it at the last store, which happened to be the one farthest away.
10. Spent half of a week's vacation at Disney World pushing The Wife around in a wheelchair, after she injured her foot seriously enough to not be able to walk on it for any length of time.