Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday Burst of Weird and Awesome

Oddities and Awesome abound!

:: Want to buy an Uruk-Hai scimitar but you can't think of why you might need such a thing? This woman has you covered. This may be the best thing I see all year. (Lots of other folks thought so...apparently this has shot through the Tumblrsphere like fire on a dry prairie.)

:: Those of us who grew up seeing lots of movies first via their teevee-edited versions will find this article (link fixed) a trip down funny-memory lane. Creative edits for swearing in movies! The very first one on the list tickles me especially, as I literally thought that was the actual line in the movie until just three or four years ago when we watched that particular movie on DVD as a family!

:: 30 Indispensable Writing Tips From Famous Authors. Oddly, I don't see "Keep a list of the names of everyone who rejected you so can glory in their failure once you hit it big" anywhere on the list. Maybe I should delete that list....




(No, I am not keeping such a list! Sheesh!)

More next week!

6 comments:

New York Erratic said...

Scimitar link == awesome. Also love the tagline "Apparently fish do need bicycles."

Kaye Waller said...

The Scimitar page is the best thing I've seen all week. I'm not into such things, but I'd follow her blog on the merit of her imagination alone!

mylittlegeekery said...

I NEED a reason to buy an uruk-hai sword? *blinks* Oh dear... And here I thought it was just to fill in that empty wall space where other people have family photos.

Call me Paul said...

The second link appears to be jinky.

Kelly Sedinger said...

Paul: Fixed now. Thanks!

Call me Paul said...

I am reminded of the Kid Rock song, Cowboy:
"Cuss like a sailor...drink like a Mick
My only words of wisdom are just, Radio Edit".
The words 'radio edit' are dubbed over with a female voice. The joke is, it isn't a radio edit. He recorded the song that way, and the words, 'radio edit' appear on the album's lyrics sheet. He was pointing out the stupidity of Radio Edits. Everyone knows what the line really is.