Wednesday, February 23, 2005

More diagreements! Get your disagreements here!

As long as I'm disagreeing with Lynn Sislo, I might as well quibble with something she wrote in this post about female Presidential candidates: discussing Condi Rice, Lynn says this:

On foreign policy she gets an A+ in my book but that's about all I can say.


Now, I know that Lynn holds the Bush Administration's foreign policy in much higher regard than I do, but giving Rice an A+? Are we talking about here mere qualifications here, or are we including results? If we're including results, I don't see how she can remotely be considered an A+. When I was in school, to get an A+ you basically had to perfect work that was utterly exemplary. I seriously doubt that even if I agreed with the Bush Administration's general approach to foreign policy, I would believe that the results this Administration has delivered to this point deserve an A+.

(BTW, since we're already speculating about the 2008 Presidential Race, one of my favorite bits of political lore is that 2008 will be the first time since 1972 that the Republican ticket does not include either a man named Bob Dole or a man named George Bush.)

No comments: