Thursday, October 02, 2003

President Bartlet could not be reached for comment.

A few months ago I wrote about what I now refer to as Project Liberatopia, which is a movement afoot to gather up 20,000 Libertarians and move them all to a single state, so they can use their numbers to heavily influence their new local politics and enact as many planks of the Libertarian platform as possible (which seems to me to basically involve removing just about every plank of everybody else's platform).

Well, we have a winner: the small state which will become home to all those wayward Libertarians is....New Hampshire! Congratulations, I guess.

Of course, what gets me is their insistence that "We're not here to take over"...but what else would be the point of the exercise?

(By the way, the title of this post refers to the fact that, on The West Wing, President Bartlet's previous office was Governor of New Hampshire.)

No comments: