Friday, October 17, 2003

Your Weekly Diet Tip

Here is an article that suggests ways to arrange one's refrigerator so as to encourage healthy eating habits. All good ideas, I guess, but I laugh at the suggestion that you need to pay attention to what's at "eye level". I guess this makes sense if you have a tall fridge with the freezer on one side and the fridge on the other, but if you're like me and you have a freezer-on-top fridge -- and that's the only kind of fridge we've ever had -- the advice to put stuff at eye level means that I should plan on gnawing ice cubes for a snack. Doesn't work.

Anyway, I pretty much find that if I have unhealthy stuff around, it doesn't matter where I put it in relation to the healthy stuff. I'm gonna eat the unhealthy stuff first, pure and simple. The trick is to not buy unhealthy stuff. At least, that's the way it works for me.

No comments: